Sunday, September 13, 2009

PM to all BN leaders

TAWAU: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak called on all leaders in the ruling coalition to serve in fairness to all Malaysians not just look after their power bases.

“I am stressing the need to put people first as in the democratic system, the voice of the people is sacred.

“We must be popular with the people not just at the party level,” he said Sunday, expanding on his speech at the opening of the MIC general assembly on Saturday.

“As president of Umno, I can defend my post if I look after the 2,500 delegates, I will definitely remain president.

“I do not want to just look after 2,500 delegates but I want to alss look after 27mil Malaysians, he said in his speech at a fast breaking ceremony Masjid Al Kauthar here.

He said the same message goes to division leaders not to just look after some 40 branches to retain their position but also look after the thousands of people living in their respective areas.

“What is the use of holding positions in a party when we lose power in a parliamentary democratic system,” he said, adding that everyone must continue to work and prove that Umno and Barisan Nasional were close to the people’s heart.

He said that since he took over as Prime Minister he had gone down to the ground to hear the grouses of the people and find ways to help people.

“I am sure with such actions, the people will support us,” he said in his speech that touched on his 1-Malaysia agenda.

He noted that Sabah among all states in the country already reflected the 1-Malaysia as the state with over 32 ethnic groups of various religious beliefs coexisting in harmony.

'I am also very happy that thousands of people from all walks of life have turned up to join me in breaking fast,” he said, adding that usually when he broke fast it was with political leaders and heads of government department.

No comments: